I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 59,352 hits
- RT @deniseeger: Thrilled that I was able to coauthor a study guide for #wherepridedwells with @rabbisteinman it’s now available for free.… 3 days ago
- RT @Reuters: U.S. Supreme Court paves way for Trump's financial records to be disclosed to a grand jury by refusing to block lower courts h… 5 days ago
- RT @AJCGlobal: .@NBC must retract SNL's outrageously antisemitic claim and apologize immediately. Michael Che's "joke" that Israel is only… 5 days ago
- RT @BetoORourke: Still a lot more people to check on in Austin. Join us tomorrow (monday) as we knock on doors to meet those who might need… 5 days ago
- RT @ReverendWarnock: Good morning Georgia! Today is the LAST day to early vote! https://t.co/pCDsPDWTAq 1 month ago