Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 57,680 hits
- RT @Bakari_Sellers: And Iran is closer to a nuclear weapon, but I digress... 1 week ago
- RT @ActualEPAFacts: The president can’t violate the Hatch Act. But each and every federal employee working this event is doing just that. 1 week ago
- RT @RogueShul: Kamala Harris is the ED who listens to the clergy’s insane plans and nods along and then tells everyone what’s actually gonn… 1 week ago
- RT @ReformRabbis: .@eBARnews featured “Mishkan Ga’avah: Where Pride Dwells,” by Rabbi @deniseeger, as an #LGBTQ spirituality resource to ho… 2 weeks ago
- RT @openletterbot: 🖋 Sign “Investigate Forced Hysterectomies in ICE Detention” and I’ll deliver a copy to your officials: https://t.co/VtOi… 1 month ago