Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 54,348 hits
- Beautiful article by my friend and colleague Rabbi Max Chaiken, reformjudaism.org/blog/2018/12/0… reformjudaism.org/blog/2018/12/0… 1 week ago
- So excited for this special music Shabbat. Please join us at TBH at 7pm. Shabbat Shalom! facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- So excited for this special music Shabbat at Temple Beth Hillel! Please join us at 7pm. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- Thinking about prayer? This blog post may help you. ravblog.ccarnet.org/2018/11/access… 3 weeks ago
- Temple Beth Hillel ECE and Parenting Center Thanksgiving Feast is always so wonderful. Thank you to all of the volunteers! 1 month ago