Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 54,811 hits
- A great resource gets even better for Purim. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 5 days ago
- Teen leaders, this is the opportunity that you are looking for this summer. Please speak to me for more information. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 6 days ago
- I hope you join me tonight or tomorrow morning for Shabbat. We all need it this week. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 1 week ago
- To my Muslim siblings, I see you. I love you. I am sorry. I am ready to help. Comforting words on a day with littl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Immensely proud of Sasha Dominguez, teacher at Temple Beth Hillel Religious School and my mentee at Rhea Hirsch Sch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago