Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 50,790 hits
- Please help make people aware of this scam. fb.me/7a06YlJ0m 1 hour ago
- Shabbat Shalom. Here are 2-minutes of Torah, rabbisteinman.com/2017/07/14/par… fb.me/7WXvRdJDR 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty goodreads.com/review/show/20… 2 weeks ago
- Here are 2-minutes of Torah for this week, parshat Chukah. See you at Rockin' Shabbat at 6:30pm! Shabbat Shalom.... fb.me/6gyPYmhKF 2 weeks ago
- Important words from Rabbi Denise L. Eger fb.me/1JnY64d0J 3 weeks ago