Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 52,813 hits
- A few ways to take action. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 day ago
- RT @SCOTUSblog: In Masterpiece Cakeshop case, Supreme Court holds that Colorado Civil Rights Commission violated baker's rights under the f… 2 weeks ago
- Amazing performance of Aladdin, Jr., Beth Hillel Elementary School! So proud. — feeling proud 2 weeks ago
- Register! facebook.com/story.php?stor… 4 weeks ago
- facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 month ago