Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 62,369 hits
- RT @GLSEN: To the trans youth in TX and everywhere—we see you, we love you, and you are valid. 💛 We won’t stop fighting for you. #ProtectT… 2 days ago
- Antisemitism will not be tolerated ever. jta.org/2021/10/25/uni… 3 days ago
- Said Birkat haMazon with a group of other vaccinated people and it felt magical. 3 days ago
- RT @TheRAC: nor do we consider these beliefs to be an impediment to our tireless work fighting for the human rights of Palestinians and a p… 6 days ago
- RT @TheRAC: rooted in our Jewish faith, and we refuse to let the actions of one organization distract us from our mission to protect access… 6 days ago