Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 55,699 hits
- RT @TuttleSinger: I’ll say this once and I’ll say it clearly: You can be against the Occupation (Hi!), make it one of your life’s mission t… 3 weeks ago
- Vital info on how to raise a human. twitter.com/washingtonpost… 3 weeks ago
- RT @deniseeger: Important to remember. The quest for lgbtq full equality is not over. theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ADL: The Israeli Education Minister's support for conversion therapy for the #LGBTQ community is wrong and deeply troubling. Sexual ori… 2 months ago
- RT @ACLU_SoCal: Know the difference between an ICE warrant (left) and a judicial warrant issued by a judge (right). The warrant on the lef… 2 months ago