Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 51,107 hits
- I can't wait to welcome 5778 with you. fb.me/1ydtzcnzO 1 week ago
- fb.me/2ifkUaxlB 2 weeks ago
- YES! rac.org/reform-jewish-… fb.me/5jGWBc9LY 2 weeks ago
- Eat the most delicious hummus of your life. Touch ancient ruins, visited by your ancestors for thousands of... fb.me/1lFoyRmBT 2 weeks ago
- Super proud of the Women of #tbhla fb.me/6oEA5nz05 3 weeks ago