Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 50,488 hits
- This addition to my sermon on time (who still has their marble?) seems perfect. fb.me/6YKaCXihi 1 hour ago
- Don't delay, register today! fb.me/13yAktoqY 4 weeks ago
- Proud of my rabbinic organization for signing onto this important statement. fb.me/6g8pCpO0t 1 month ago
- Love how Temple Beth Hillel ECE and Parenting Center celebrated Earth Day! fb.me/DkWmMsuz 1 month ago
- Here is my sermon from Shabbat, rabbisteinman.com/2017/04/15/sha… fb.me/3FUDDPA5O 1 month ago