Recently, I came across this article. Conversions in Israel are a major issue not only for the Jews living there, for the entire Jewish people. At the time of the founding of the State of Israel, David Ben-Gurion made an agreement with the Orthodox rabbinate that they could run the affairs of state. (I’m summarizing greatly). Now, 62 years later it is time for the government of Israel to eliminate the control of the Orthodox rabbinate. A summary of how we got to this place is here.
- 55,375 hits
- A great resource for all, especially families whose kids learned these blessings at camp! facebook.com/story.php?stor… 18 hours ago
- RT @deniseeger: Honored by the LACity Council as one of 25 Jewish women trailblazers today. #humblebrag https://t.co/scC8mOfMGe 3 weeks ago
- RT @IDF: How would you respond if 700 rockets were fired at you by your neighbors? This is what we did: https://t.co/s9wJyLx5Pl 1 month ago
- RT @KolAmiWeho: There's still time to join us for our second night #seder, but you've gotta RSVP now! #Journey with us @kolamiweho from sla… 2 months ago
- RT @deniseeger: My amazing sister in Cantorial soloist Jessica Steinman sings! https://t.co/9QPNYJCpxe 2 months ago