I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 63,822 hits
- Honored to be included in this volume with thanks to @rabbicreditor https://t.co/3e3JwT1K2u 6 hours ago
- After Colleyville rabbisteinman.com/2022/01/23/aft… 3 days ago
- This is accurate. twitter.com/RavBogard/stat… 6 days ago
- Temple Beth Shalom is participating next Shabbat morning. twitter.com/theradr/status… 6 days ago
- RT @SenatorWarnock: History is watching us. Our children are counting on us. And I pray this body will have the courage to do what is righ… 1 week ago