I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 54,811 hits
- A great resource gets even better for Purim. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 5 days ago
- Teen leaders, this is the opportunity that you are looking for this summer. Please speak to me for more information. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 6 days ago
- I hope you join me tonight or tomorrow morning for Shabbat. We all need it this week. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 1 week ago
- To my Muslim siblings, I see you. I love you. I am sorry. I am ready to help. Comforting words on a day with littl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Immensely proud of Sasha Dominguez, teacher at Temple Beth Hillel Religious School and my mentee at Rhea Hirsch Sch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago