I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 55,699 hits
- RT @TuttleSinger: I’ll say this once and I’ll say it clearly: You can be against the Occupation (Hi!), make it one of your life’s mission t… 3 weeks ago
- Vital info on how to raise a human. twitter.com/washingtonpost… 3 weeks ago
- RT @deniseeger: Important to remember. The quest for lgbtq full equality is not over. theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ADL: The Israeli Education Minister's support for conversion therapy for the #LGBTQ community is wrong and deeply troubling. Sexual ori… 2 months ago
- RT @ACLU_SoCal: Know the difference between an ICE warrant (left) and a judicial warrant issued by a judge (right). The warrant on the lef… 2 months ago