I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 50,714 hits
- Important words from Rabbi Denise L. Eger fb.me/1JnY64d0J 2 hours ago
- Here is a short analysis of the horrendous decision by PM Netanyahu to re-neg on his agreement for an egalitarian... fb.me/26z7evFua 6 hours ago
- RT @deniseeger: My response to The latest Kotel crisis created by the Prime Minister of Israel. fb.me/2dx9QbWRA 1 day ago
- Excited to welcome Shabbat with Temple Beth Hillel. Nosh at 5:45pm, service at 6:05 with the musical styling of... fb.me/7PtWZZVcL 5 days ago
- Today I remember the 49 precious souls who died on this day. May their memories be for a blessing for each of us.... fb.me/1vznudpcx 2 weeks ago