I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 57,432 hits
- RT @openletterbot: 🖋 Sign “Investigate Forced Hysterectomies in ICE Detention” and I’ll deliver a copy to your officials: https://t.co/VtOi… 3 days ago
- RT @summercamppod: Our latest podcast episode with pioneering rabbi @deniseeger is live, featuring a great conversation about how camps hav… 1 month ago
- RT @JoeBiden: I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the cou… 1 month ago
- RT @NateSilver538: I'm guessing that Biden will win California now with this Harris pick. 1 month ago
- Halleluyah. twitter.com/LambdaLegal/st… 3 months ago