I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 62,228 hits
- Dear humans. You do not need to remove your mask to talk on your cell phone. It really isn’t that hard to care for others. 2 days ago
- RT @EqualityTexas: Our message to trans youth across Texas...have HOPE. You are loved. You have fierce protectors. We will never stop fight… 3 days ago
- Got my flu shot. Did you? 3 days ago
- RT @RevDrBarber: “Bearing petitions with more than 100,000 names, low-wage and poor women from the #PoorPeoplesCampaign ... marched into th… 3 days ago
- RT @EqualityTexas: @GeorgeTakei Would love your help boosting our petition on these amazing kids' behalf. change.org/p/macarthur-hi… 2 weeks ago