I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 55,961 hits
- RT @AIPAC: Palestinian terrorists - funded, armed and supported by Iran - are targeting Israelis with rocket fire for the second straight n… 2 weeks ago
- RT @URJPresident: If the stone had fallen on the non-egalitarian side of the Kotel PM Netanyahu would have fixed in one day! https://t.co/f… 3 weeks ago
- So proud! twitter.com/deniseeger/sta… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MayorOfLA: Thank you to the more than 1,100 firefighters from @LAFD and partner agencies who are working relentlessly through the night… 3 weeks ago
- RT @HarvardBiz: We know that in-person social interaction is healthy. But research confirms that the more you use Facebook, the worse off y… 3 weeks ago