I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 53,367 hits
- I look forward to a meaningful Yom Kippur observance with the Temple Beth Hillel community. Tomorrow evening, Kol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- I look forward to sharing Yom Kippur observances with the Temple Beth Hillel community. Kol Nidre begins at 7:30p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Great Tashlich with Temple Beth Hillel and Congregation Kol Ami today! 3 days ago
- Let's all #MitzVote. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 1 week ago
- facebook.com/15838101086427… 2 weeks ago