I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 56,283 hits
- RT @deniseeger: #wherePrideDwells A celebration of Jewish #LGBTQ life and ritual is now available with writing by @rabbikrp @RabbiCosnowsky… 1 week ago
- RT @RogueShul: There's still music. There's still camp. There's still Shabbat. There's still nature. There's still learning. There's still… 1 week ago
- RT @RoguePOTUSStaff: The rates at which COVID-19 has spread in Asian countries show different patterns than Western countries. Notably, the… 2 weeks ago
- RT @DrShein: @RoguePOTUSStaff I’m a doctor. Even my colleagues look at me weird when I say SARS-CoV-2. I explain it’s like HIV vs AIDS or R… 2 weeks ago
- RT @URJorg: Now is your last chance! Have your Reform voice heard in Israel. Don’t miss the opportunity to #VoteReformWZC: https://t.co/Fz… 2 weeks ago