I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 60,369 hits
- RT @txlgbtqcaucus: Last night, pro-equality legislators at the Texas Capitol stopped anti-trans sports ban #SB29. A huge thank you to all o… 2 months ago
- RT @deborahlipstadt: Excellent news re civil suit vs. Charlottesville organizers. In lay terms, decision means the jury can be told what ki… 4 months ago
- RT @Everytown: Requiring background checks on all gun sales stops prohibited purchasers from buying firearms. Since 1994, background checks… 4 months ago
- RT @deniseeger: I am so humbled and honored to receive this from @AABGU Thank you Kol Ami Rabbi Denise Eger Receives Honorary Doctorate… 4 months ago
- Mazal Tov to Rabbi Lewis Kamrass and the CCAR 2021-2023 board #CCAR2021 https://t.co/e83ZPnfhLl 4 months ago