I admit it. Prayer is not easy and sometimes, it is downright hard. This morning I led minyan, I was fortunate to be able to attend yesterday, too. I have to say that I am in the midst of a struggle. From time to time this happens to me. Whether it is my emotional state, my busy mind that sometimes struggles to achieve quiet, whatever it is, prayer is hard. I find when this happens to me the best thing for me to do is to keep praying. It seems almost counter intuitive. When something is difficult why does it makes sense to do it more often? I am not entirely certain of the reason, I just know from experience this is what works for me. Let me be clear. Challenges with prayer don’t indicate a void in my spirituality. I actually find naming the struggle deepens my spiritual experience.
- 54,348 hits
- Beautiful article by my friend and colleague Rabbi Max Chaiken, reformjudaism.org/blog/2018/12/0… reformjudaism.org/blog/2018/12/0… 1 week ago
- So excited for this special music Shabbat. Please join us at TBH at 7pm. Shabbat Shalom! facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- So excited for this special music Shabbat at Temple Beth Hillel! Please join us at 7pm. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- Thinking about prayer? This blog post may help you. ravblog.ccarnet.org/2018/11/access… 3 weeks ago
- Temple Beth Hillel ECE and Parenting Center Thanksgiving Feast is always so wonderful. Thank you to all of the volunteers! 1 month ago