Today is my BFF, KJ’s birthday! Though this special list has typically been reserved for immediate family in the past, I am breaking a new trend because KJ is in the T-dot! I get to spend this special day with her.
Some background for all of you who don’t know KJ. She and I lived on the same first-year hall at our alma mater. We became fast friends doing the things freshman in college do (ie going to eat meals together because heaven forbid anyone eat alone, staying up late watching silly television, and studying. Lots of studying!) Our friendship has lasted all of university, then living in different cities ever since including some international adventures!
Without further ado, 16 things I love about KJ.
1. KJ has a fantastic laugh.
2. Your fashion sense is unparalleled. Though our taste is different, you can always give me thoughtful opinions on a something important, like new shoes.
3. You are super smart. Who else has a masters in tax, is a CPA and is now getting CFP credentials? Seriously, no one loves learning more than you.
4. You love your family. Having met them, I can attest that there is lots to love.
5. When you like a song, you really like a song. Ever since I’ve known you, there is often a song playing on repeat on your CD player, iPod, or other listening device.
6. You’re an excellent dancer.
7. Whenever we are together, which unfortunately isn’t often enough these days, we have the best time catching up, laughing and eating good food.
8. It is not uncommon for us to send a bzillion emails to one another throughout the day. Sometimes about nothing of importance. Other times about really important things, like what happened on a television show.
9. Though you’re not Jewish (which alone could be one thing that I love about you) you know more about the Kosher laws, observing Shabbat and most Jewish holidays than most Jews.
10. You love our iPhone, Macbook and want an iPad just like me (no I don’t have a iPhone. You’re cooler than I am. I’ve always known that).
11. No matter what, I can always call you. It doesn’t matter the time of day. When MY MOM died, I called because I didn’t know what else to do and you were totally present for me throughout the darkest days of my life.
12. When your employer wouldn’t let you leave to be with me and my family for MY MOM’s funeral, we brainstormed and came up with this much better plan that included you visiting right this second. Hooray!
13. You change your eating habits almost as often as I do. Vegetarian, no lactose, yes to chicken, etc.
14. You have impeccable taste in friends. I guess that is obvious. 🙂
15. You show up when it counts. Whether it is on the phone and checking in. An encouraging email or being physically present, you are a phenomenal friend.
16. You love to travel and together we like to plan trips. Though we didn’t get to India together for our 30th birthday year I think we can count on planning a trip together soon.
There are so many more reasons, of course that I love KJ however these 16 will have to do. I hope that you have a stupendously fun birthday and a year filled with adventure, love and happiness.