Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 56,003 hits
- RT @AIPAC: Palestinian terrorists - funded, armed and supported by Iran - are targeting Israelis with rocket fire for the second straight n… 1 month ago
- RT @URJPresident: If the stone had fallen on the non-egalitarian side of the Kotel PM Netanyahu would have fixed in one day! https://t.co/f… 1 month ago
- So proud! twitter.com/deniseeger/sta… 1 month ago
- RT @MayorOfLA: Thank you to the more than 1,100 firefighters from @LAFD and partner agencies who are working relentlessly through the night… 1 month ago
- RT @HarvardBiz: We know that in-person social interaction is healthy. But research confirms that the more you use Facebook, the worse off y… 1 month ago