Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 52,641 hits
- So much fun celebrating Yom Ha’atzmaut with Temple Beth Hillel ECE and Parenting Center! — feeling thankful 4 days ago
- What does it mean to stop and remember? rabbisteinman.com/2018/04/12/wha… rabbisteinman.com/2018/04/12/wha… 1 week ago
- Remembering with my community. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 1 week ago
- Out teens lead the way. Temple Beth Hillel, I hope you will make your calls today. reformjudaism.org/blog/2018/04/0… 1 week ago
- Chag Sameach. I hope you will join me tonight at Temple Beth Hillel for Shabbat and Yom Tov services featuring Cant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago