Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 62,230 hits
- How does anyone in the @Braves stadium think the cultural appropriation of native peoples is acceptable? #gododgers 1 hour ago
- RT @DanzigMD: “Settler-colonialism” A simple way to tell who have been the colonialists, is by looking at the number of people that speak… 3 hours ago
- This is troubling. twitter.com/wsj/status/144… 3 hours ago
- Scary because it is true. twitter.com/koshersoul/sta… 3 hours ago
- Dear humans. You do not need to remove your mask to talk on your cell phone. It really isn’t that hard to care for others. 3 days ago