Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 55,481 hits
- RT @ADL: The Israeli Education Minister's support for conversion therapy for the #LGBTQ community is wrong and deeply troubling. Sexual ori… 16 hours ago
- RT @ACLU_SoCal: Know the difference between an ICE warrant (left) and a judicial warrant issued by a judge (right). The warrant on the lef… 16 hours ago
- RT @anthonyvclark20: Natives were dehumanized to justify genocide Africans were dehumanized to justify slavery Jews were dehumanized to… 1 week ago
- RT @eji_org: On this day, African American boxer Jack Johnson defeated Jim Jeffries - this sparked white outrage and riots nationwide that… 1 week ago
- RT @AGBecerra: Big news tonight: Court rules President Trump can't begin building his #borderwall in #California or New Mexico, at least wh… 2 weeks ago