Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 51,293 hits
- Reform Rabbis speak out! fb.me/yfnIWvFe 2 weeks ago
- Sukkot, with all of its joy, is ultimately a holiday of fragility. Consider this, "Since 2014, the number of... fb.me/6K2P95bYl 2 weeks ago
- Special post-HHD shout out to Learn Guitar With Ricky, my amazing guitar teacher. Thank you for helping me to be... fb.me/1Q3cn45qj 3 weeks ago
- I can't wait to welcome 5778 with you. fb.me/1ydtzcnzO 1 month ago
- fb.me/2ifkUaxlB 1 month ago