Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 53,682 hits
- Here's a video of my Kol Nidre sermon and sermon song, wp.me/pJijn-wD wp.me/pJijn-wD 20 hours ago
- Another great morning at Beth Hillel Elementary School. Todah Rabbah Morah Shana! facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 1 week ago
- In honor of National Coming Out Day, please know that my office, my classroom, and my home are ALWAYS safe spaces f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Honored to celebrate with Rev. Elder Troy Perry. facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 week ago
- facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 week ago