Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 50,891 hits
- There are many responses to the events in Charlottesville. I admit I have been processing my feelings and... fb.me/6nNIFgMnh 22 hours ago
- I hope you will join Josh Goldberg and I tomorrow morning at 9:00am at Temple Beth Hillel for our Shabbat morning... fb.me/yOHBq5Qf 6 days ago
- Are you 18-26 years old and ready to travel to Israel? Let me know and I can set you up with priority... fb.me/1pvVfHzXq 1 week ago
- Shabbat Shalom. rabbisteinman.com/2017/07/28/par… fb.me/3xrzyuYAa 2 weeks ago
- Great post about synagogue etiquette. fb.me/8RAp635Vr 3 weeks ago