Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 52,902 hits
- Temple Beth Hillel, register today! Save money! facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 8 hours ago
- I look forward to welcoming Shabbat with you tonight. Shabbat Shalom. facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 days ago
- Incredibly proud of my movie star wife, Rabbi Denise L. Eger, who appears numerous times in A LONG ROAD TO FREEDOM:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- It was delightful to teach and learn with the WRJ Pacific District SoCal area day today. Thank you! — at Temple Bet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer goodreads.com/review/show/24… 3 weeks ago