Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 54,615 hits
- RT @LambdaLegal: 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽 #TransMilitaryBan twitter.com/cmclymer/statu… 1 hour ago
- Nearly speechless. twitter.com/scotusblog/sta… 7 hours ago
- RT @NateSilver538: Trump's net approval rating has now declined from -10.5 to -14.5 over the course of the shutdown. It's not an enormous s… 6 days ago
- facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 6 days ago
- RT @ReformJudaism: "Tu BiSh'vat for Families," how to explain the holiday to young children: bit.ly/2kddQyR https://t.co/Yi7naM6K… 1 week ago