Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 51,799 hits
- An update on my Facebook-free phone rabbisteinman.com/2018/01/16/an-… fb.me/OzuLQHRQ 11 hours ago
- RabbiSarah Hronsky Beth Hillel Elementary School #tbhspreadkindness fb.me/4k77fldw9 2 days ago
- #parr2018 is there a meeting WiFi code? 1 week ago
- We can all be agents of change.... fb.me/2CbjeKlG7 2 weeks ago
- Yes. Yasher koach Rabbi Gerson. fb.me/2lEtz0igE 2 weeks ago