Today was the first day of Kislev (MY GRANDMA’s yahrzeit). While the marketing blitz that is the holiday season begins after last week’s holiday in preparation for Christman, Chanukah and even Kwanzaa, there is another occasion looming large this week. The 5th of Kislev is also MY MOM’s yahrzeit. It has been quite the year to say the least. The next few days I will be blogging about memory, about Jewish customs around mourning, and figuring out what a yahrzeit means for me. Stay tuned.
- 54,964 hits
- RT @KolAmiWeho: There's still time to join us for our second night #seder, but you've gotta RSVP now! #Journey with us @kolamiweho from sla… 1 week ago
- RT @deniseeger: My amazing sister in Cantorial soloist Jessica Steinman sings! https://t.co/9QPNYJCpxe 2 weeks ago
- facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- Knelling sister alert -- Jessica Steinman you are incredible! facebook.com/rabbi.e.steinm… 2 weeks ago
- This is a great Haggadah resource. flipsnack.com/jewbelong/jewb… 2 weeks ago