- 57,678 hits
- RT @Bakari_Sellers: And Iran is closer to a nuclear weapon, but I digress... 1 week ago
- RT @ActualEPAFacts: The president can’t violate the Hatch Act. But each and every federal employee working this event is doing just that. 1 week ago
- RT @RogueShul: Kamala Harris is the ED who listens to the clergy’s insane plans and nods along and then tells everyone what’s actually gonn… 1 week ago
- RT @ReformRabbis: .@eBARnews featured “Mishkan Ga’avah: Where Pride Dwells,” by Rabbi @deniseeger, as an #LGBTQ spirituality resource to ho… 2 weeks ago
- RT @openletterbot: 🖋 Sign “Investigate Forced Hysterectomies in ICE Detention” and I’ll deliver a copy to your officials: https://t.co/VtOi… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Israel
There is so much to say and so much being said about what is happening in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank. Two days ago I downloaded an app called “Red Alert” that lets you know (you can set the … Continue reading
This morning I was honored with an invitation from the Israeli Consulate (currently on strike along with the entire Israeli Foreign Ministry) with an invitation to hear Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu address about 200 people at the Museum of Tolerance. … Continue reading
Today is Yom HaShoah, the day that the world remembers the Holocaust. Below is one of the most powerful images I have ever seen because it describes in a single image what was taken away by the destructive powers of … Continue reading
This post comes from the Women of Reform Judaism’s blog on October 24 found here. by Rabbi Marla J. Feldman Much has been written in recent days about the arrest of Anat Hoffman, executive director of the Reform Movement’s Israel Religious … Continue reading
The Israel Religious Action Center is working on a petition to the Western Wall Heritage Council calling for diversity in the membership after four women were detained on Sunday morning for wearing tallitot/prayer shawls. Here is a copy of the email … Continue reading
It is hard to believe that my time in Israel is coming to an end. It has been an amazing few weeks. (Video, pictures, links and formatting to be improved when I get home). The highlights (in no particular order) … Continue reading
It has been an insanely long time since I wrote a blog post, mostly because I have lots of ideas running through my mind and not enough time to actually write things down. School is occupying the majority of my time right now. In lieu of a formal graduate thesis for this program I am tasked with writing a curriculum guide. Every graduate of the Rhea Hirsch School of Education at HUC-JIR writes this guide on a topic of their choosing for any of the following settings: camp, religious school, adult education or day school. My curriculum guide is about Modern Hebrew poetry for adult learners in the congregational setting. Exciting, right?
A lot of interesting things have been happening in Israel. By ‘interesting’ I mean completely ridiculous and offensive. The political cartoon connected to this post effectively sums up what is going on. If you haven’t seen the flash mob video from Beit Shemesh, you can watch it here.